[Frameworks] good 16m lab in europe

Marco Poloni mar.poloni at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:19:18 UTC 2014

Hello Frameworkers,

I am soon to shoot quite a number of 16mm magazines for a film
production. I don't want to take any risks with the material – of
course –, and was wondering if any of you has had recent experience
with fim labs in Europe.

In the past I have worked with Egli film in Zürich, who absorbed the
famous Schwarzfilm from Bern. I've had good results years ago, with
only one scratch once on a roll, but they are quite expensive. Plus,
since fewer and fewer people shoot 16mm, I don't know how fresh their
chemistry is.

For S-8mm I work with Andec filmtechnik in Berlin, but I am not sure I
would give them my material. The S-8mm magazines they process
sometimes have a bit of residual jet rem, which is almost acceptable
on 8mm gauge but not on 16mm.

In Berlin there's also ARRI Schwarzfilm, but again, no idea if they
use fresh chemistry and have expert people running the machines.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best,
Marco

--