[Frameworks] Experimental Film Club Presents - I Live in Fear After March 11th - Irish Film Institute - September 29th - 6.15pm

Experimental Film Club experimentalfilmclub at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:33:44 UTC 2014

Just a reminder for Monday's screening, be great to see you there...

*                            You are invited to attend*

*     Experimental Film Club: Projection 49*

*I Live in Fear After March 11th by Nina Fischer & Maroan El Sani*

* screened after Akira Kurosawa's I Live in Fear *

*     Cinema 2 at Irish Film Institute, September 29th, 6.15pm*

*​​*

*Nina Fischer, Maroan el Sani and Barry Kehoe will introduce the
screenings.*

In their short film *I Live in Fear – After March 11*, artists Nina Fischer
and Maroan el Sani explore how people continue to deal with the after
effects of the Fukushima nuclear disaster. The film reveals the fears and
uncertainties surrounding the nuclear catastrophe and threat of radiation,
and will be shown after a screening of Kurosawa’s extraordinarily powerful *I
Live in Fear *or* Record of a Living Being* from 1955.

Curated by Barry Kehoe, this screening takes place in conjunction with an
exhibition of Fischer and el Sani’s work at the Mart Gallery in Rathmines.

I LIVE IN FEAR: 103 MINUTES, JAPAN, 1955, BLACK AND WHITE, 35MM SHORT: 29
MINUTES, GERMANY, 2013, COLOUR, HD VIDEO

to book tickets
<http://www.ifi.ie/film/ifi-experimental-film-club-i-live-in-fear-short/>

--
experimentalfilmclub.blogspot.com