[Frameworks] Bruce Conner raritirs

William Wees, Dr. william.wees at mcgill.ca
Sat Apr 4 22:40:22 UTC 2015

I have three reels of regular-8 film (remember regular-8?) containing "Cosmic Ray" #1, #2, and #3. They are, in effect, 8mm versions of the A. B, and C rolls Conner used to make "Cosmic Ray." I acquired them sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s, I think from the long defunct Serious Business Company, though it might have been from Canyon Cinema or directly from Bruce. I just don't remember for sure.

While I had a regular-8 projector available, I showed them in my courses on avant-garde film at McGill University. I haven't seen them since then. They appear to be in reasonably good condition, but I can't guarantee how well they will run through a projector today. They are, however, important documents in the history of American avvnt-garde film of the '60s and of Conner's contribution to that history in particular.

Anyone interested in buying them should contact me william.wees at mcgill.ca.<mailto:william.wees at mcgill.ca.>

-Bill Wees