[Frameworks] FrameWorks Digest, Vol 63, Issue 17

Green, J R. (Ron Green) green.31 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 19 14:28:38 UTC 2015

Ron Green
356 W 7th Ave
Columbus OH 43201
614.421.2131

J. Ronald Green
Professor Emeritus of Film Studies
Department of History of Art
The Ohio State University

1. Re: (Un)relieable perceptual information

I once drafted a running list of great shots, but I can't find it. It favored motion and included the shots Gene mentioned, plus certainly Straub/Huillet, especially the opening circular track around the Place de la Bastille. But what I wanted to ask is whether you could use things like Brakhage's calisthenical camera work, e.g. the pans of the moon and the circular track on the merry-go-round in Anticipation of the Night; or things like Gehr, e.g. Serene Velocity, Side/Walk/Shuttle, and Glider; also, Werner Nekes, and many more. Once started on this track there should be lots of radical examples, if they fit your question.