[Frameworks] Titles of scratch films

marilyn brakhage vams at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 25 20:10:03 UTC 2015

Some other Brakhage films that employ scratching:  earliest example
(briefly) is in "Reflections On Black" (1955); later, more
substantially, in  "He was born, he suffered, he died" (1974); and
later yet, several films with words scratched over image, "I . . .
Dreaming" (1988), "For Marilyn" (1992) and "Night Mulch and
Very" (2001).  And  there was the Ellipses series of so-called
"scratch and stain films" :  ". . . "  Reels One to Five (1998).

Marilyn Brakhage