[Frameworks] Titles of scratch films

Carl E Bogner crlelbog at uwm.edu
Tue Aug 25 20:44:31 UTC 2015

Tess, hi -

I had a colleague in the Film Department, recently transplanted to Ann Arbor, who wouldn't let a frame of her film go through the gate unless she had scratched on it.

I overstate but Naz Dincel's practice relentlessly involves scratching on her film -- or, that is to say, involves relentless scratching. Her film "Her Silent Seaming" -- to cite an example -- was a Jury Award winner at FLEX this year and also screened at Images, among other places.

(I think she has her ear to the ground so she may respond to you off-list? Naz, contact Tess.)

Also there is that propositional film that Frampton talked about in "A Lecture," its constantly inscribed scratch transplanting what the film is about from "Lana Turner" to that very scratch, if I recall correctly.

What's with Roger Beebe's premature fatigue? Man!

Carl

Milwaukee