[Frameworks] Performances at Dr. Ts salon December 10 and 13th

Emile Tobenfeld emile at foryourhead.com
Mon Dec 7 21:40:05 UTC 2015

Hi

 I'm doing video performances at Dr T's salon ( a.k.a. my apartment)  on Thursday, December 10 and Sunday, December 13 with some excellent collaborators.

 Thursday, December 10  at 8 PM

 Dr. T video  improvisations, Forbes Graham trumpet, John Voigt bass and spoken word.

 I did my first mixed-media performances with John in 1973 – he  continues to be a ( moving) fixture on the Boston Jazz and improv scene.
 I have known and collaborated with Forbes for many years now – he was an amazing trumpet player when I met him and he keeps getting better.

 Sunday, December 13 at 7 PM

 Dr. T video  improvisations
Tsuyoshi Honjo  -  saxophone  and doduck ( no,I don't know what a doduck is either)
Dave Bryant -  synthesizer
Karen Klein – spoken word
Neil Leonard -  saxophone

Dave is a long time collaborator best known for performing in  Ornette Coleman's Prime Time band.
 Neil is an even longer time collaborator – back when I did electronic music, Neil and I recorded and jammed frequently at my apartment in Newton and my rented house in Lexington.
Tsuyoshi  is a more recent collaborator.  He has a DMA ( Doctor in Musical Art)  in saxophone from Boston University. His improvisations are anything but academic.
Karen is also a recent collaborator. She improvises spoken word using excerpts from prewritten poetry and poetry that she makes up on the spot. She also has a doctorate  - a PhD from Columbia in Literature.

 with Neil and Tsuyoshi  on the bill, saxophone sparks are sure to fly,

The salon is at
382 mass ave
apt 803
Arlington MA 02474
781 439 5314

77 bus to Franklin Street

-- Emile

Art is man's way of saying "I love you" to the universe.

My photography and sketches can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/collections/72157603627170351/

My videos can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/Tobenfeld