[Frameworks] 16mm prints turned pink

Pip Chodorov frameworks at re-voir.com
Fri Dec 18 03:05:38 UTC 2015

Yes, mostly print stocks from that period which were cheaply made turn pink.
Negatives also can turn pink and then prints made from them will look green.
The reason is that the blue dyes fade first.
If you need to recover the image, it is possible to scan the prints
in 2K using an RGB scanner that flashes each frame three times using
three colored lights, then augment the information from the blue
layer digitally. Then you can shoot the corrected digital master back
out to film.
-Pip Chodorov