[Frameworks] 16mm prints turned pink

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Fri Dec 18 04:13:52 UTC 2015

Eastmancolor was very bad in terms of magenta fading.

I’ve seem excellent work scanning faded prints and restoring the color (using lots of nodes in Resolve) and doing filmouts (16mm 5K, or 35mm) by VFS, now merged with Colorlab.

The trick is to have at least a tiny bit of the missing colors present in the scan, to give the software something that it can work with.