[Frameworks] Noteworthy Publications This Year?

David Baker dbaker1 at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 30 02:15:01 UTC 2015

Scott MacDonald's revelatory,
BINGHAMTON BABYLON: VOICES FROM THE CINEMA DEPARTMENT 1967-1977

PAPER AIRPLANES: The Collections of Harry Smith Catalogue Raisonne Vol I

STRING FIGURES: The Collections of Harry Smith Catalogue Raisonne ,
Vol. II

Editors- John Klacsmann
                Andrew Lampert

CHROMATIC ALGORITHMS: SYNTHETIC COLOR, COMPUTER ART, and AESTHETICS
AFTER CODE

- Carolyn L. Kane
("Life is won by wresting colors from the past."
-Gilles Deleuze )

FANTASIA OF COLOR IN EARLY CINEMA
- Tom Gunning et al.

THE EXPERIENCE MACHINE: STAN VANDERBEEK'S MOVIE-DROME
AND EXPANDED CINEMA
-Gloria Sutton

Jane (Brakhage) Wodening's book:
BRAKHAGE'S CHILDHOOD

(Haven't read this yet but I certainly intend to.
Recommended by someone
whose opinion
I hold in the highest regard.)