[Frameworks] Self distribution situation

Andrea Márquez lejana.cine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:34:51 UTC 2015

Dear frameworkers,

I would normally repress this embarrassing impetus of writing. I used to
have them a lot when I was younger, and I guess I gained some experience.
However, I'm going to ask you to watch this small fragment of our humble
film called DETOUR.

The truth is, I don't know how to start to distribute it. I wish I could
list a number of reasons explaining why it's worth watching or tell you
something that could awake your interest, but I'm afraid that I can't. It's
probably because of my lack of "the art of the pitching", but also because
I don't understand entirely how DETOUR operates in spite of me, in spite of
what I thought the film might be, what I wanted to make it say and so on.

Felisberto Hernández, an Uruguayan and a very extraordinary author wrote:

"I'll also have to write many things I know very little about; it even
> strikes me that impenetrability is intrinsic to them. Perhaps when we think
> we know them we stop knowing that we don't know them, because their
> existence is inevitably obscure, and that must be one of their qualities.
>
> But I don't believe I must write only whay I know. I must also write the
> other things."

I enjoy thinking there is a connection between this idea and my lack of
knowledge and qualities.

*Director's statement:*
“Detour” or “Around” or

*Adverb that denotes the situation of people and things that surround
other. Outline of a place. Preceding a numerical expression approximately
more or less. Surrounding, around. Metathesis.Movement that is difficult to
determine. Examples: a hug in the darkness, panning that the camera
suddenly stops, sideways glance of the subject that attempts to disguise a
state, silence that precedes certain words.Circumlocution, round about
expression, periphrasis.Without circuit, without result.More or less close
but without security, without warranty.Shortly before or shortly after.
Still unaccounted for.Going away, from a distance.Narrative device that
dispenses the linear order of the successive stages leading to.
Interruptions. Love.No destination, no teleology, no money.Inefficient,
eager for simple stuffs.“Desire, yes, always desire.”Deviation, detour.*

I wrote this statement inspired in the way that we made the film. If you
feel that something there could be interesting for you somehow, and you
could help us to make this very little project finds its audience, here it
is the link to watch the opening scene:

http://youtu.be/zMPEyvC1BrE

If you like it, I can send you the complete version link.

Best regards,

*Andrea Márqueze-mail: lejana.cine at gmail.com
<lejana.cine at gmail.com>https://floodedhousefilms.wordpress.com/
<https://floodedhousefilms.wordpress.com/>*

*Synopsis:*
DETOUR is a lyrical feature film contemplating the detours of three
childhood friends who reunite again after ten years. Starting with 1991
George W. Bush's speech about the coming of a new world order and the
announcement of Operation Desert Storm, the film explores the paradigm that
started in the 90s after the dissolution of the URSS.