[Frameworks] 35mm / 16mm hot splicer question

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Sun Feb 8 23:13:37 UTC 2015

I would be wary of either repairing or modifying your splicer IF you care about good registration and splices that don’t jump.  In the old days, steel film was used to check alignment, along with other gauges.  Without those you are just guessing, and this isn’t a place you want to guess!  You probably can find a working used splicer at a good price.