[Frameworks] Any ideas for 16mm film can storage that's not just piles around the house?

k. a.r. a_r_k_ at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 00:33:58 UTC 2015

Hi there list!

If anybody wants to PM me pictures of their film storage solutions I would love to see it!
What is your preference for storing the cans, flat in stacks, or on their edge? Does it make a difference?

I have about 500 16mm films, and I want to build a free standing rolling shelf for my living room.
I want it to be long and low; it will go below my projection screen.
Any ideas on if there is something like this out there?
I can make it myself, but not sure about how to make it really strong, due to the weight of films.
And since it will be in my living room, it should look kind of nice.

Any input you guys have I would appreciate.

thanks
Kristie

Kristie Reinders, B.F.A.

Director of Cinematography, Electric Visions

Curator and Head Projectionist, Electric Mural Project

The Mission, San Francisco, CA

'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'

- - - Issac Asimov