[Frameworks] Brooklyn Film Festival Call for Entries

Jessica L. Ruffin jessica at mfj-online.org
Thu Jan 29 00:52:25 UTC 2015

*BROOKLYN FILM FESTIVAL 2015 - CALL FOR ENTRIES*
www.brooklynfilmfestival.org

*MISSION & OBJECTIVE*
The Brooklyn Film Festival (May 29 - June 7, 2015), is an international,
competitive film festival. BFF's mission is to provide a public forum in
Brooklyn in order to advance public interest in films and the independent
production of films. We also seek to draw worldwide attention to Brooklyn
as a center for cinema and to encourage all Brooklyn residents to access
and experience the power of independent filmmaking. BFF, Inc. is a
not-for-profit organization.

*ABOUT THE FESTIVAL*
The Brooklyn Film Festival (BFF) is a competitive festival for and by
independent filmmakers. The organizers of BFF bring 18 years of festival
experience to this annual event. BFF accepts submissions in six categories:
Narrative Features, Documentary Features, Short Narrative, Short
Documentary, Experimental, and Animation. Submissions are open from July to
March, the final selection of 100+ films is announced in May, and the film
festival takes place in June. Selected films in each category are eligible
for several awards. Through the resources of our sponsors, BFF offers
prizes totaling $50,000 in film services and products. Our industry
sponsors include Panavision NY, Abel Cinetech, Avid Technologies, Xeno
Lights and many others. In addition to our lineup of films, the festival
also hosts multiple filmmaker parties and networking events at venues
around Brooklyn and New York City.

Many of the award-winning films from the Brooklyn Film Festival have gone
on to have theatrical releases, to have nationwide broadcasts on PBS and
HBO, and to be nominated and awarded at both the British and American
Academy Awards.

Deadlines are as follows:
Earlybird deadline: Postmarked by November 29, 2014
Regular deadline: Postmarked by February 14, 2015
Late deadline: Postmarked by February 28, 2015
WAB Extended deadline: Postmarked by March 7, 2015

CATEGORIES
We accept submissions of Feature Narrative, Short Narrative, Feature
Documentary, Short Documentary, Animation, and Experimental

FOR MORE INFO VISIT: http://www.brooklynfilmfestival.org/submit/