[Frameworks] question regarding color preservation of early animation films

Pip Chodorov frameworks at re-voir.com
Sat Jan 31 22:46:10 UTC 2015

I don't know where the hand painted originals are or if any exist at all.
There must be an internegative at the Eye Institute (Amsterdam)
because I think the 16mm print originally in circulation in Paris
came from the Dutch Filmmuseum in the 1980s. New prints come from CVM
and were supervised by Moritz but I don't remember the exact source
of the older prints.
(I may be confusing with Ballet Mecanique because Moritz also restored that.)

We released a VHS in 1998 called "Dancing Images" with a Dutch
company and we included Opus. We got the rights from Ruttman's
daughter Eva Riehl and I made a Beta master from one of those
original prints. Write me off-list if you are interested in obtaining
a digital file transfer from the beta at cost.

-Pip