[Frameworks] Kid-friendly films?

Carl E Bogner crlelbog at uwm.edu
Mon Jul 13 15:16:04 UTC 2015

Dan,

One of the best things I have been able to see this year was the Saturday morning cartoon 16mm program that EYEWORKS presented at Jesse Malmed's LIVE-TO-TAPE FESTIVAL in Chicago this last May.

The program was entitled "Make Me Psychic" and featured films by Sally Cruikshank, Kathy Rose, Trixy Sweetvittles, and Amy Lockhart. Some of the prints -- the Cruikshank and the (sublime) Rose films -- were, I think, from the holdings of Chicago Filmmakers, do I have that right?

I was smacked out on all of the free breakfast cereals provided and am old, but I thought it was all a delight, giddy and transcendent, of possible interest to your programming. Psychedelic/trippy presented, understood, as also kid-friendly?

Details on the LIVE-TO-TAPE program here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/837281176348961/

Eyeworks Festival of Experimental Animation
http://eyeworksfestival.com

Chicago Filmmakers Film Distribution Project
http://www.chicagofilmmakers.org/membership-filmmaker-services/film-distribution-project

Carl
Milwaukee