[Frameworks] countryside film

Dave Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:25:59 UTC 2015

Experimental filmmakers don't seem to get out of the city that much, and when they do they're more likely to wax rhapsodic on 'nature'. I'm not sure "the violence and ignorance that reign in the little villages" is something most experimental makers would have cred handling, w/o condescendingly talking-down. You kinds have to be "from there" or "of there" to mount a critique. I think a lot of the relevant narrative film are better qualified in that regard...

> Deliverance

OK, if we're going to do fiction films for "the violence and ignorance that reign in the little villages in opposition with the hippie vision of the countryside," I've got three words that IMHO more-or-less ought to end the discussion:
Texas.Chainsaw.Massacre.