[Frameworks] film storage/archival question

k. a.r. a_r_k_ at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 20:24:20 UTC 2015

hey there Frameworkers.....
A while ago I put up the question about storage shelves for films.
I ended up building my own (super ugly) one, and planned to store the films on the edge, standing up.
Someone had said to make sure they are all wound tightly and secured with tape so they don't get loose on the reel and warp.
QUESTION: What kind of tape or other device can I use to keep the ends secure?
I've used paper tape, but after a few years it dries up and stops sticking.
Aside from every 5 years or so, retaping the entire collection, what else can I do/use?
Any advice is helpful, thanks.

Kristie

'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'

- - - Issac Asimov