[Frameworks] La Vidéoshop in Paris

Sabine sgruffat at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:52:55 UTC 2015

Hello Frameworkers, I just wanted to let you know about this project that is happening in Paris, France in June. The full calendar of

screenings are  on the Facebook page and the Flicker Weekly listings:
Best regards,
Sabine Gruffat

La VidéoshopJune 18 - 30,  2015Grand Opening: June 18, 7-9PM
La Vidéoshop40 Rue Quincampoix Paris, France 75004Hours: Everyday (June 19-30) 7-11PMFree nightly screenings at 7:30PM and 9:30PM.Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LaVideoShop
La Vidéoshop is the first and last store in a video rental chain that will never stretch from North America to France. La Vidéoshop will offer videos that you can’t find at a video shop. Avant-garde, anti-commercial, and DIY. La Vidéoshop will be located in a space that we can’t afford (Do you have any idea how much it costs to rent this place?). La Vidéoshop doesn’t sell anything. We don’t charge admission to the nightly screenings. Even the wine is free. Our business model is fatally flawed. La Vidéoshop won’t last. Enquire within for franchising opportunities. One day, there won’t be a Vidéoshop near you. La Vidéoshop is a pop-up microcinema and video salon created by film & video artists Sabine Gruffat and Bill Brown. From June 18-30, 2015, La Vidéoshop will occupy an empty storefront art gallery at 40 Rue Quincampoix in the Beaubourg district of ​​Paris, France.
While the gallery is open, La Vidéoshop will offer visitors a comfortable video salon where they can select and view videos from an on-site collection of curated work.
Every night, La Vidéoshop will present free screenings and performances organized by a group of experimental filmmakers, contemporary video artists, and curators. Participating artists and curators include:
Peggy AHWESHRebecca BARONRoger BEEBEDorothea BRAEMERSarah CHRISTMANGaëlle CINTRÉThomas COMERFORDBrent COUGHENOURFrançois DAIREAUXBill DANIELVincent DIEUTRERedmond ENTWISTLEKevin EVERSONJim FINNWalter FORSBERGSasha WATERS FREYERRaphael GIANELLI-MERIANOMichael GITLINDoug GOODWINJackie GOSSAbigail HANChristopher HARRISJim HAVERKAMPShambhavi KAULGeoffrey LACHASSAGNELaida LERTXUNDICarl LEEChristelle LHEUREUXJodie MACKLaura McGOUGHJesse McLEANJulie MURRAYSharna PAXPaulina Egle PUKYTEEd RANKUSLucy RAVENMarie REGANMichael ROBINSONJay ROSENBLATTVincent ROUXJP SNIADECKIJenny STARKDeborah STRATMANTrixy SWEETVITTLESJennet THOMAS Cécile TOURNEURSami TRABELSIHong-An TRUONGNaomi UMANDanièle WILMOUTHCaveh ZAHEDI