[Frameworks] seeking hi-con, hand-processible B&W 16mm & 35mm stock

Devon D devonimation at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:39:23 UTC 2015

Thanks everybody for the great tips! I think this time we'll try 3378 in 16mm ordered from Kodak since we're buying bulk and it's cheap, hurray (catalog shows 1200 foot roll for $155). Excellent to also know about LIFT supply to refer eager students for smaller quantities. Hurray for LIFT!

I was surprised to see Kodak still sells 5363 for 35mm high-con, yippee! I'd assumed it'd be produced in the same runs as 7363 was, but maybe it's the 16mm slicing and perforating operation that wasn't sustainable...

Yes Pip & Richard in the future I may well be interested in getting in on a bulk order of 7363. It's too late for this summer's class, but possibly next year? I'll ask colleagues too and see if there's additional interest. The tricky logistical aspects of it for my class are that I have no guarantee the class will run from year to year, and enrollment is somewhat unpredictable - this year I'm full at 15 students, last year I only had 5. So that makes a huge difference in quantity of orders. The purchasing through third party would require finagling too, but shouldn't be insurmountable. I'll ask Evergreen's Photoland too and see if 7363 is something they may want to stock in a small supply - we've got a few faculty into this stuff these days so it may be good timing.

I'll also see if I can scrounge some samples of 7302 for tests for future usage - good to know.

To the darkroom we go, to hide from summer's sun!

-Devon D.