[Frameworks] American Indian and Indigenous experimental filmmakers

Adam Hyman adam at lafilmforum.org
Thu Mar 5 06:31:18 UTC 2015

The UCLA Film & Television Archive just had a three month series that was
basically what you are looking at doing.
I suggest you look at that program and see if any interests you, as it was
pretty thorough (although I¹m sure not complete, it¹s hard to imagine anyone
doing more than this).  You could then ask them where prints came from.
One great show had several short doc & experimental works made by Navajo in
the 196s, for example.

https://www.cinema.ucla.edu/events/2014/11/15/through-indian-eyes-native-ame
rican-cinema

Please do send the program details when you have them, and I can include
them on the Filmforum list.

Best regards,

Adam Hyman
Los Angeles Filmforum