[Frameworks] Howard Guttenplan

Green, J R. (Ron Green) green.31 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 5 14:05:31 UTC 2015

Howard was one of the pillars of our infrastructure, holding together one of the most important institutions seemingly single-handedly for an era, and then into the next few eras. I saw him last, after a long gap, a couple of years ago--we sat on the sidewalk at Views talking about the Workshop.I worked with him a lot during the early days of NAMAC and through the NEA's major-media-center days in the 1980s. He was a pleasure and a comfort to work with, and the Workshop has been a model of dedication and survival, and an inspiration in its vision--its continued life is the perfect celebration of Howard's.