[Frameworks] Super 8 to 35mm Optical Blowup

director at lift.on.ca director at lift.on.ca
Tue Mar 17 15:36:33 UTC 2015

Mark,

Since we're on the subject, is there a reason you're going to 35mm rather
than 16mm? Although 35mm is definitely more robust and beautiful (with a
great soundtrack potential), my sense now is that a 16mm print might have
longer life than a 35mm print.

Now that so many places have taken out their 35mm projectors, its less of
a presentation medium for many places. 16mm, on the other hand, is still
very portable, so you can always bring the projector in if there's
interest.

My 35mm prints sit on the shelf. My 16mm prints occasionally get taken for
a spin.

Do you have a more positive take on the future of 35mm vs 16mm?

thanks
Chris