[Frameworks] And it Stoned Me -- Spy Pond 05.04.15 album on Flickr

Emile Tobenfeld emile at foryourhead.com
Tue May 5 04:09:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I uploaded the Flickr album

And it Stoned Me -- Spy Pond 05.04.15  which can be seen at

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/sets/72157651957900430/

"Oh, the water
Oh, the water
Oh, the water
…
And it stoned me to my soul
Stoned me just like Jelly Roll
And it stoned me
And it stoned me to my soul
Stoned me just like goin' home
And it stoned me"

 Van Morrison

If you go out the back door of my building and walk two blocks, you get to Spy Pond, a lovely oasis in the middle of Arlington. I have resolved to spend more time there than I did last year, so after shopping and some other business I walked down to the pond at around 6:30.

It was a bright sunny day and the sun was beginning to set over the pond, which was being stirred up by a brisk but pleasant wind. The trees were just beginning to bud and there was a sculpture exhibit in the park. Unlike the singer in the song quoted above, I was high and dry, but I was reveling in the beauty in front of me, and my feelings matched the feelings i get when listening or dancing to the song.

I wouldn't categorize the pictures I took as among my very best, but I hope they evoke some of the feeling of a special hour by the pond.

-- Emile

Art is man's way of saying "I love you" to the universe.

My photography can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/collections/72157603627170351/

My videos can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/Tobenfeld