[Frameworks] screen paint?

k. a.r. a_r_k_ at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 18:32:17 UTC 2015

I've found all the 'screen paints' sold are extremely expensive, and unnecessary? maybe.....

I project video in my house, and the wall is just painted a flat matte white; regular indoor wall paint.
I didn't want to use any paint w gloss, because I didn't want it to be reflective.

If you can paint the non projection walls a dark color to absorb light, that makes it better.
Honestly, for just having flat white matte paint the projection in my house looks awesome.
Do a google search for installing home theaters, there are all sorts of things written about using fancy paint, and using regular paint.
Have fun!

Kristie Reinders, B.F.A.

Director of Cinematography, Electric Visions

Curator and Head Projectionist, Electric Mural Project

The Mission, San Francisco, CA

'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'

- - - Issac Asimov