[Frameworks] b & w archival film bright yellow?

Caryn Cline carynycline at gmail.com
Sat May 9 01:17:07 UTC 2015

Dear Frameworkers,

I had the pleasure of making a short film out of the Basement Films
collection in Albuquerque last month as part of the Experiments in Cinema
festival (thank you Bryan Konefsky and Michelle Mellor!).  My recycled film
has—no surprise—a lot of color scenes that have faded to pink.

I used a sequence from one film that had both (still true, good quality)
color and black & white—archival—sequences.  However, the sequence I used
was one that probably should have been black and white—it was archival—but
for some reason it was bright yellow.  Do any of you have ideas about why
that would be?

With deep gratitude for your collective wisdom.

CC

--
Caryn Cline
Experimental Filmmaker & Teacher