[Frameworks] Night films

peter snowdon peter at redrice.net
Wed May 13 12:55:05 UTC 2015

Hi Esperanza,

At the more "documentary" end of the experimental spectrum, there is
Laura Waddington's Border, much of which was shot at night. There are
also these four short YT videos which speak, I think, to the question of
what the night conceals, and what it makes visible (sensible):
http://www.mightierthan.com/2009/07/poem-for-the-rooftops-suite/

best Peter

On Tue, May 12, 2015, at 07:49 PM, Esperanza Collado wrote:
> Dear frameworkers,
>
> A friend is preparing a film in which she will work in the limits of
> visibility, in the night, trying to force perception. Would you please
> recommend experimental film references apart from Liotta, Dorsky,
> Dwoskin? It would be interesting to get references of films and videos
> in which there is no use of special camera techniques such as
> time-lapse or night-shot.
>
> Many thanks!
>

> --
> Esperanza Collado

<The term 'experimental cinema' is like 'organic agriculture' or
'participatory democracy': we only need the adjective because there's
something wrong with the noun.> Nicolas Rey