[Frameworks] Film to digital photo to video on a JK

Chris G spydir at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 11:21:21 UTC 2015

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the follow up to my questions and putting this up online! It's
still taking me time to fully wrap my head around what you've been able to
accomplish here. My resources at the moment are quite limited in regards to
supplies, space and tools after a recent move abroad so I'll move forward
with implementing something on a JK for the time being, though I believe
your setup is superior in a number of ways, it's beyond what I can
accomplish in the next couple of months.

I'm impressed by the execution of your light source and will likely order
the parts you've listed in the next couple of days. I would like to engage
you in more specific details about the driver hack and code once I can sort
out my power supply, heat sink and mounting.

I've been seeking something like this out for a while as I also see an
opportunity for a greater variety in stocks, color separation methods and
programmable/sequenced lighting variables without the use of physical
filters while using the JK for film-to-film.

Further questions/clarifications:

• The camera is set to still or movie and then the preview is what's being
used through the HMDI signal to capture?

• What is that between the LEDs and gate? (black tube) Is it for
reflection, diffusion and/or minimizing stray light?

• Was the lens standard purchased/fabricated/salvaged?

• Are y axis adjustments made on the lens standard and x/z on the body
plate?

• Are you able to render at 24p?

Thanks,
Chris