[Frameworks] Projector/optical sound reader that's easy on film

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Fri Nov 13 18:35:41 UTC 2015

If the film is shrunken, Steenbecks can cause serious perf damage, because of the wrap of the sprocket around the prism.  Scanners don’t have this problem.

I would just look at the film on rewinds, with a viewer if need be, but not worry about listening to the track unless for some reason it will affect your decision of what to scan.

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 11:41 AM, Scott Dorsey <kludge at panix.com> wrote:
>
> I wouldn't put them on a projector... I would hunt down someone with a
> Steenbeck that is in proper maintenance.  That might mean calling
> Dwight Cody who does steenback repair and asking who has a machine for
> rent.

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta
jeff at kinetta.com