[Frameworks] monitor or projector in Brooklyn in November ?

Amanda Christie amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca
Thu Oct 1 21:22:54 UTC 2015

Hey folks!

I'm going to be spending November in Brooklyn  editing a film, and I am bringing my own gear, and I have a studio lined up to work in... but... I don't have room in my car for my monitor....  ( it was all shot on 35mm, but I'm editing digitally)

Does anyone know if it would be possible to borrow or cheaply rent a monitor (or projector) in Brooklyn for the month of November so I can see what I'm doing?
It would be so much easier if I didn't have to pack mine!

I'll be editing using headphones too... so if anyone has speakers I could borrow, that would also be awesome... but not as vital as a monitor for me to see what I'm working on.

Also... while I'm there... I would love to have a little viewing / feedback session if anyone is interested in seeing a rough cut and discussing.  I've been feeling rather isolated and like I'm working in a silo on this one for the last few years... feedback from peers would be great.  I've been working on this film for 6 years... it's my first feature length experimental doc.... Spectres of Shortwave... about radio towers...   there's an older 5 minute preview of it on my website that I made when I just started filming.... http://www.amandadawnchristie.ca/new-page-1/  I'm hoping to finally finish the whole thing while I'm in Brooklyn.

Anyhow... let me know if it's possible to find a monitor in Brooklyn, and also if anyone is interested in a little viewing/feedback session while I'm there.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks and talking film!

Amanda Dawn Christie
506-871-2062
www.amandadawnchristie.ca
amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca