[Frameworks] More abstract sketches posted

Emile Tobenfeld emile at foryourhead.com
Thu Oct 8 03:47:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I posted a new album of selected recent sketches  to Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/sets/72157659114697660/

This album contains sketches that I completed since August 25 . My style has evolved considerably since then, as I have added oil pastels, several kinds of pencils and a couple of other kinds of media to the mix, experimented with different kinds of paper, and played around with blending and wash techniques.

The sketches have thus become much more complex and textured. I am not sure if this is good, bad, or just different.  for me it seems like a natural evolution. I What started out as therapeutic (for myself) has become a serious artistic investigation. I can't say that I fully understand what I'm doing – it sometimes feels that I am channeling every abstract painter I've ever enjoyed. The complexity does make the work less relaxing, but once you start on a path you need to continue it as long as it seems fruitful.

I'm curious to hear which album viewers prefer.

You may have to zoom in on your computer monitor to see all of the textual details in these sketches.
-- Emile

Art is man's way of saying "I love you" to the universe.

My photography and sketches can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22231918@N06/collections/72157603627170351/

My videos can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/Tobenfeld