[Frameworks] Call for Work: Ovular Films

Caryn Cline carynycline at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:24:31 UTC 2015

Dear Frameworkers,

*We are seeking short experimental films that are “ovular” in nature.  *

*“Ovular” films employ themes central to women’s experiences, using the
cyclical functions of the ovular cycle as a metaphor for intellectual,
psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual engagement with the
world.  We seek work in 35mm, 16mm or digital film that speaks to these
experiences directly or indirectly.  For us as curators, “ovular”
foundational films include Maya Deren’s “At Land,” Carolee Schneemann’s
“Plumb Line,” and Anne Severson’s “Near the Big Chakra.” *

*Deadline: Jan. 15, 2016.  We will contact you by mid-February to let you
know whether your work has been accepted.  *

*Selected films will be screened at Experiments in Cinema
<http://www.experimentsincinema.org/> in Albuquerque in April, 2016.
Subsequent screening opportunities may emerge.  *

*The Ovular Film Program is co-curated by Caryn Cline
(carynycline at gmail.com <carynycline at gmail.com>), Taylor Dunne
(taylor.a.dunne at gmail.com <taylor.a.dunne at gmail.com>), and Linda
Fenstermaker (lindafenstermaker at gmail.com <lindafenstermaker at gmail.com>).  *

*Please send us a digital link to your film as well as a short (50 words or
less) synopsis.   If you have questions, please contact one of us off list.*

*Thank you.  *

--
Caryn Cline
Experimental Filmmaker & Teacher

film still from "Notes from the Farm" (2014)