[Frameworks] MSPIFF + Cellular Cinema - April 2016

Kevin Obsatz kevin at videohaiku.com
Sat Oct 31 14:13:20 UTC 2015

Hello Frameworks!

I'm excited to say that the Minneapolis / St. Paul International Film Festival wants to expand their experimental video, film projected on film, and expanded cinema offerings for their 35th year...

https://filmfreeway.com/festival/mspiff

The festival is in April, and I've agreed to help them curate the program(s)... I run a screening series here in Minneapolis called "Cellular Cinema."

MSPIFF has agreed to waive the submission fee for experimental film and expanded cinema, if you email Alex Wolf here, and mention Cellular Cinema: submissions at mspfilm.org, he'll give you a waiver code.

Since it's a fairly large and well-established festival, I'm hoping there will be resources for some honoraria to bring filmmakers to town for the festival, especially for expanded cinema work.

Anyway, contact Alex directly if you have questions! Thank you!

Here's an excerpt from the festival description:

For its 35th edition, MSPIFF is partnering with Cellular Cinema to extend a special invitation to artists making experimental films, videos and CGI work with unconventional tools and techniques, incorporating live performance, multi-channel installations, interactivity, and/or film projections. Depending on the scale and breadth of the response from the experimental film community, the festival will program special events that incorporate live elements and in-person appearances, panel discussions and lectures on the subject of steps forward in the exploration of moving image art. For more details regarding the program email submissions(at)mspfilm(dot)org.

-Kevin Obsatz