[Frameworks] Recording Skype

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Wed Sep 16 17:20:54 UTC 2015

Friends,
I’m participating in a conference by Skype, and I want to record it. I’m assuming download is better quality than screen capture.  I’m aware of two methods: Skype itself and Quicktime. It seems that Quicktime is a screen capture (at least that’s the language used in v. 10.4 833.7). Is Skype also screen capture (v.7.11 653)? One would think it could download its own signal before it’s displayed on the screen. Or is there another method apart from these two? Advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.