[Frameworks] Kodak carousel as tachistoscope

Floris Vanhoof 2206rec at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:17:19 UTC 2015

Dear,
thanks for the help on making my Eiki's lighter.

Here's another tech question:
Some Kodak Carousel projectors have a tachistoscope function.
That's an electromagnetic shutter.
Connected to my modular synth the shutter makes the most amazing flickering.
Though when I use 4 projectors, the shutter of some machines gets stuck after a minute
Any idea how to calibrate or clean or where to put a drop of oil?

Also:
Is there a good read on tachistoscopes? Books or online.

And on installations using slide projections?
As I'm planning to build installations that involve moving slide projectors.

Best, Floris

www.endlesswebsite.tk