[Frameworks] FrameWorks Digest, Vol 71, Issue 24

Dana Duff d.naduff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:11:19 UTC 2016

Re: Nizo S8 Help:

You should also check the film cartridge. My class has had a number of
Kodak cartridges give false exposed signals recently and ended up with
rolls of unexposed film. This has happened to at least three of my
classes in the past 5-6 years, that a batch of Kodak S8 cartridges have
stuck. It's happened not just to my class, but to the community (Keith
at Yale Film had his own film shoot ruined because of this failure).
Kodak doesn't take responsibility.

We give the cartridges a knock to loosen the film and wind the spool is
taughtbefore loading, then keep an eye on the moving dials. And we don't
process until we see EXPOSED printed on the film.

Good luck! Dana