[Frameworks] Basement Films is being evicted from the studio we have occupied for 20+ years - help!

Bryan Konefsky bkonefsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:38:27 UTC 2016

Hello everyone - on the heels of another very successful Experiments in
Cinema festival Basement Films has been informed by our landlord, the
Harwood Art Center, that we are being evicted from our studio/archive that
we have occupied for 20+ years in Albuquerque.  The really crappy part is
that we only have 30 days to vacate our 2000 square foot space.  This
studio/archive is not only where we work and create but it also housed a
culturally important collection of more than 8000 16mm films (the largest
collection of educational films in the southwest).  Presently we are asking
for an extension of time to vacate our studio AND we are also looking for
someone who might be interested in a way-big tax write off.  That is, we
are hoping to find 2000+ square feet of space donated to our non- profit in
exchange for a substantial tax deduction.... Additionally you should be
hearing soon about a Kickstarter style campaign that we will stage to help
raise funds for the move.

Thanks (in advance) for your help and well wishes!
Bryan Konefsky
president, Basement Films
founder/director, Experiments in Cinema

Great art has always gone to the masses, to their hopes and dreams, for
that spark that kindled their souls. The rest, "the many, all too many" as
Nietzsche called mediocrity, have been mere commodities that can be bought
with money, cheap glory, or social position.
- Emma Goldman