[Frameworks] Call for Work: RE/NIGHT/LIVE/MARE on ACRETV.org

Kera MacKenzie keramack at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:32:24 UTC 2016

You've got just 10 more days to submit to ACRE TV's upcoming show. Please
share widely!

***

*Call For Work: RE/NIGHT/LIVE/MARE*
Programmed by Joseph Herring and ACRE TV
[image: DJ Spooky, Rebirth of a Nation, 2008. (Image: MoMA)]
<http://www.acretv.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/29378.gif>

DJ Spooky, Rebirth of a Nation, 2008. (Image: MoMA)

 DJ Spooky, *Rebirth of a Nation*, 2008. (Image: MoMA
<http://www.moma.org/calendar/film/966?locale=en>)

*RE/NIGHT/LIVE/MARE *will re- consider your nightmares; will re- examine
your daydreams; will re- contextualize pre-existing (video art? videotaped
performance work? found footage?) through re- presenting, re- editing, re
-mixing. We are specifically interested in works that re- search, re-
consider, re- examine, re- contextualize nightmares, daydreams,
flying-fancies, hyper-realities. We are also interested in live re- mixing
pre- existing work with new live footage to re- consider it in under the
cold, hard, clinical (or soft warm fuzzy *wicked grin ) light of the
telematic screen.

Examples of programming for *RE/NIGHT/LIVE/MARE* could include:

-Canned videos
-Livestreamed performance
-Historical research through image and sound works
-Reenactments
-Remixes
-Interviews and conversations

   - Written proposals due by 11:59pm September 1st, 2016
   - Some funding may be available for the production of new work. If your
   project requires funding, please include a budget in your proposal.
   - We will notify you on the status of your proposal by October 1, 2016
   - File delivery for accepted proposals due October 15th, 2016
   - *RE/NIGHT/LIVE/MARE* will air on *ACRETV.org* <http://ACRETV.org> from
   November 1st to December 31st, 2016

*Submit here: www.acretv.org/calls <http://www.acretv.org/calls>*

--