[Frameworks] 16mm sound recording

Morgan Hoyle-Combs mhoylecombs at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 19:31:42 UTC 2016

So, just so I'm caught up in this discussion, is it possible to stick a thin strip of magnetic sound tape to the celluloid or must it be done optically nowadays? Because it seems like there's talk of DTS with 35mm but I'm not aware of whether or not it can go on 16mm. Does that mean I'd have to consider a 35mm print of the 16mm?

    On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:27 PM, Scott Dorsey <kludge at panix.com> wrote:

 > They could just stick a magnet on the inching knob and use a reed switch..

These solutions are good until the print is damaged and a frame has to be
removed from it.
--scott