[Frameworks] 16mm sound recording

Jeff Kreines jeffkreines at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:21:21 UTC 2016

> On Dec 13, 2016, at 2:17 PM, Francisco Torres <fjtorrespr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> another question- When 16mm prints are transfered  to digital these days do most filmmakers prefer to use the original mix or the optical trck?

The optical track is the last fallback if you don’t have the mix.  Of course for films made before magnetic recording, optical is king.

You want to scan the original camera neg/reversal original if possible, at a high res (4K-5K preferred).

(OK, I make 5K scanners, but it makes a big difference, even with small formats.  Look here:
 <http://db.tt/5SlAVkbT> <http://db.tt/5SlAVkbT>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28462740/Memoriav%20Dossier%20--%20a%20response%20-%202012.pdf     )

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta