[Frameworks] FCP 7 editing

drawclose.com snowbloods.parasol at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:04:43 UTC 2016

Regular video editing programs do you not see the video data file as "frame frame frame". Digital editing is providing the editing program with a list of changes to make to the video codec -a bundle of rules driving playback. When you choose to export the video file, the changes are made.

So if you are using Final Cut Pro, what you want to do is export an image sequence using compressor, and then to manually edit each frame using a still image editor. Then you can use a program like QuickTime 7 pro to assemble a video file. You can import a sequential series of stills stored in a single folder.

There's a number of other animation programs that will work in this way I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Alternately, you can use programs like Adobe aftereffects and other "affects the base" programs like apples motion to make a frame by frame effects in real time. However, I have found this approach to be counterintuitive -- these programs operate based on your understanding of key framing, and your trust of the programs ability to create tweens that you like. They are build to create narrative movie products, so it can be hard to hack them to get them to be more closely related to an image image image results.

You can message me off list if you'd like; I went from frame by frame manipulation in 16mm hand developed scratch work and using an optical printer when I was in grad school to doing everything digitally. So I'm a good resource for you.

Jessica

*****
http://www.drawclose.com