[Frameworks] how many versions of Bruce Conner's Report?

Herb Shellenberger htshell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:13:19 UTC 2016

Eight.

"*Report* was actually shown in eight different versions – all of equal
duration and with the same soundtrack – after its initial premiere at the
Harvard Film Society in 1964. The final version – after which the previous
iterations were destroyed, if they hadn’t already been obliterated in the
process of revision – was not completed until 1967. "
http://sensesofcinema.com/2009/cteq/report/

Depending on when collections acquired the film it could be different. I've
wanted for a while to do a screening of as many prints of the film as
possible, a report on *Report*. But that might end up being not too
interesting in the end.

-h