[Frameworks] 360 degrees

Scott MacDonald smacdona at hamilton.edu
Thu Feb 18 13:48:54 UTC 2016

Hey Gene,

Bill Morrison's RELEASE does a formal exploration of a circular panning
shot of a crowd at Eastern State Prison (in PA), assembled to see Al Capone
released. He begins in the middle of the circular pan, adding a bit on both
ends, until we've seen the entire panorama. (The film is on Morrison's DVD
set.)

J. J. Murphy's SKY BLUE WATER LIGHT SIGN is a faux 360-degree pan.

The central section of Mulvey/Wollen's RIDDLES OF THE SPHINX is made up of
360-degree pans.

Scott