[Frameworks] 360 degrees

Dave Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 06:01:44 UTC 2016

Folks, Gene asked for 360° _tracking_ shots, not pans.

Is there an old DePalma film that DOESN'T have one?

I can't recall if any of the 'bullet time' slo-mo shots in the Matrix films, or subsequent action films that aped that technique, went all the way around But I'm guessing there are examples (??). Or under-cranked examples (??).

It seems almost so common now that exemplars in commercial cinema just fade into 'oh no, not that again'…

Though Gene specified on-tracks or Stedicam, I think I might have seen circling some subject in handheld/nausea-cam stuff. Are there examples in any documentary actualities? It seems like something Pennebaker would have done at least once… 'One PM' maybe?