[Frameworks] seamless media player recommendations?

Amanda Christie amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca
Sat Feb 27 18:27:52 UTC 2016

I went through a pretty big search for something similar last year, and it's harder than you would think.  most of them to have at least a black screen if not a reloading symbol between each loop.

here are the results from my search:

1)  the Lacie LaCinema media player can do it, but it has been discontinued and is hard to find.

2)  there is a woman in france who can write a hack for a firmware update that can remove the little orange circle "reloading" symbol from the WD live media players.
I forget how much she charges for the hack, but I don't think it was much...

3)  a lot of people were using media players that were specifically designed for haunted houses in the US (go figure! who knew! apparently haunted houses are a big commercial industry there, and there are media players designed just for those that don't have the looping symbol)... sorry, I can't find any of my reference notes on makes or models though... :-(

4) finally, the easiest solution, that I went with... was I just put my media into Quicktime Pro... and copy paste copy pasted loop after loop to make a 10 hour long video file.  so it only had to play once in the gallery anyway.

hope some of that is helpful, and if you find something, do let us know!

adc