[Frameworks] seamless media player recommendations?

Jeff Kreines jeff at kinetta.com
Sat Feb 27 19:33:26 UTC 2016

> On Feb 27, 2016, at 1:13 PM, Amanda Christie <amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca> wrote:
>
> You can use MPEG streamclip which is open source free software, to transcode your finished files into h.264 mp4….

I never like Streamclip.  You can use Resolve 12 (the free version) to transcode to a lot of different formats, as well as do serious color correction, reframing, stabilization, editing, and much more.  The paid version adds a few features like the ability to output at resolutions greater than UHD, and temporal noise reduction, but for most users the free version is fine.  Mac or PC.  It does require a decent GPU card if you are doing serious stuff.  It’s pretty deep, but not that difficult to get started with.  You can do stuff with various windows and nodes if you’d like.  You can grade with curves, which is fast and powerful.

They are constantly upgrading it and fixing it.  If you have the paid version there’s no charge for upgrades.

I use it a lot, mostly on a PC with 2 Titan X GPU cards, but it is fine on lesser machines.  Supports just about any format you can think of.  Good manual, and made better by the fact you rarely need to use it.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion <https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion>

Jeff

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta