[Frameworks] Fwd: New Kodak Super 8 movie camera

Nicholas Kovats nkovats at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 03:18:53 UTC 2016

Logmar designed the new Kodak Super 8 camera hardware/software based
on their high end pin registered Logmar S8. No timecode. Some basic
file metadata for each sound file recorded. 24 bit internal digital
recorder can output mp3 or ogg vorbis. Crystal sync accurate to 0.001
fps. Upgradable firmware. I would recommend a clapper on set. Then
synchronize in digital editor whereby you slip audio track until you
nail sync visually with the filmed clapper.

Logmar is soliciting potential interest in a new digital servo
pin-registered Super 8 projector. Not Kodak. You can find the Logmar
S8 camera manual here, i.e.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8tchjjdelf6gmr/Preliminary-Digicanical-S8-UG.pdf?dl=0.
Check out Friedemann Wachsmuth's  2K scan of the Logmar S8 Camera and
Kodak Vision 3 50D Super 8 film, i.e. https://vimeo.com/129700087

I suspect the Kodak camera will not approach the pin registered
quality of the Logmar S8 but it's impending release has excellent
pedigree. Such is destiny that Kodak checked out the Logmar S8 at
Cinegear 2015. :)