[Frameworks] Video Projector Recommendation

Marcel Schwierin marcel at schwierin.de
Mon Jan 18 15:57:12 UTC 2016

We just bought a Optoma EH415e which is about 1100$ and we were really surprised about the quality. We tested it against some much more expensive (but a bit older) projectors and found it much better. Very good handling of shadows. Even hyper sensitive people in our team did not have any DLP rainbow effects.

In general I would recommend that you edit yourself a little test film with all kinds of images you might want to project (bright, dark, high/low contrast, grainy, different skin tones, skies), including some standard test images and especially shots you already know that are very difficult to project and then you check yourself.

Best,

Marcel

Leiter  / Director
Edith-Russ-Haus für Medienkunst . Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art
Katharinenstrasse 23 . 26121 Oldenburg . Germany
fon +49 441 235-2568 . fax +49 441 235-2161
www.edith-russ-haus.de
Roee Rosen
LIVE AND DIE AS EVA BRAUN AND OTHER INTIMATE STORIES
29 Jan - 10 Apr 2016