[Frameworks] Upgrading Mac Tower for optimal FCP 7 performance

Robert Withers withersr at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 16:35:09 UTC 2016

Hi,
A vote against switching from FCP 7 to Premiere Pro, especially in mid-project.

I did this because of the Apple OS/FCP upgrades/mismatches and I've regretted it. The translation process is not seamless.

PPro works fundamentally differently from FCP7 under the hood. Software is updated too often, to add new features rather to refine and stabilize.

Read any PPro discussion list and you will see hundreds of posts about crashing and things that don't work, especially after every upgrade.

A friend has edited two independent features in FCP7 on MacBook Pros running Mountain Lion and it's still working for her.

Good luck,
Robert

WithersWorks.com