[Frameworks] 2 Video Installation Questions

Ken Paul Rosenthal kenpaulrosenthal at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 16:09:52 UTC 2016

1)  For a wall mounted, flat monitor gallery installation, what is the most efficient, low foot print means of bringing a looping digital video image to the screen via a file rather than a dvd player? Also, recommendations for particular types and models of monitors?

2)  A hotel I'm consulting with wants to PROJECT a video image onto a wall. The throw is about 12 feet with the projected image being about 5 or 6 feet across. They do NOT wish to use a monitor. The projector will be permanently installed on a raised platform and we'd like to keep the footprint as small as possible. So do we use a very small dvd player or is there a way to play a looping digital file through a projector? I'd also appreciate recommendations for small projector models.

Please email me off list (in addition to on list for everyone else) as I'm hoping to get some suggestions, particularly on question 2, by midday pacific coast time.

Thank you! Ken
www.kenpaulrosenthal.com
www.whisperrapture.com
www.maddancementalhealthfilmtrilogy.com